Would you believe me if I told you there was a fast and fun way to make beer-battered fish? There is! All you need is the following ingredientsoh, and be sure and have a fan or some good ventilation. This recipe can make some smoke and you don’t want to set off the smoke detector or system you bought through www.homessecurity.com.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets flounder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1 large bowl
- One large pan (high walls)
1. Mix the egg, beer, salt and flour into the bowl. When it is all mixed, place the smooth batter into the refrigerator.
2. Pour the oil into the frying pan and turn up the heat. You will know when the oil is ready when you wet your fingers and flick a few drops onto the oil. If it makes a strange, chattering noise that means the oil is hot enough for frying.
3. Take the batter out of the fridge and, using the tongs, dip each individual piece of fish into the batter and then drop them into the oil. Make sure each side is evenly browned and then remove them. You can put multiple pieces in the pan at the same time, but make sure you keep an eye on them.
4. Let the fish cool, then enjoy!